Friday, August 26, 2016

Goodbye iPhone, Android hello – O Globo

My phone died this week. It was an iPhone 6, near to two years of age. Already I got used to the fact that, for those who work with technology, the device does not last really. It has to be replaced at most once every two years. I had all iPhone models, but had one of each generation from the iPhone 3G. It was he, then a fourth, then a fifth one 5s and now this 6. I’m an old, temporary device. In other times, probably would wind to expect the iPhone 7, at the end of the year. But this time, no. Will migrate to an Android device.

It’s not an easy decision. My computer is a Macintosh, Apple. It has always been, from the first SE model, purchased in 1989.

This is not to say that I live thirty years in Applecêntrico world. I have always had close Windows machines and operate without any difficulty. I will stress the system on the keyboard from one platform to the other without blinking. Already I played enough with Linux. Scratch write some code. Test technologies, before work, especially fun. So, I followed the development of the Android system also closely and for a few weeks, all these years, I left the iPhone at home and went out with numerous devices being launched to test them.

Very slowly, something changed . I found myself more and more, missing on the iPhone a feature here, one way to use there. To catch me miss the devices I tested recently started paying attention to my own use. And I realized that in the last two years I was making choices that were moving away from Apple. No wonder. Apple is lagging behind in the technological fight.

From the return of Steve Jobs in 1997, Apple’s strategy was centered on its ecosystem. The iPod, for example, was not only a stereo. Behind was an elegant program iTunes to organize your disks. Then came the store, which allowed the purchase of music. Then Apple TV and movie store and series. So the iPad also has the portable video and brought newspapers, magazines and books. For those organized with these tools, migrating platform was to throw it all away. But systems like Spotify, Netflix and GloboPlay wounded death ecosystem. Apple, by trying to reinvent your iTunes last year disrupted the thousands of libraries. The incentive to continue on the platform was lost.

Meanwhile, Google came creating its own ecosystem. By far the best tool to manage all the dozens of daily photos that we took is Google Photos. Gmail is the only e-mail that lets you search messages years before. The agendas system linked to the e-mail is smart and organized. Their maps are unbeatable. Everything you need on your phone, in short, works best in Google.

These apps exist on the iPhone. But the digital assistant of the company, Google Now, which examines its use and anticipates their information needs – time to leave the house according to the traffic, the airfare, the Uber coming, running the song list, the notice that rain – is precarious iOS

Apple is running behind and begins to present its investment in artificial intelligence.. You want to prove that you can be as efficient as Google. But who uses both know how much is delayed. In recent years, he invested image. It has become a brand that produces beautiful machines and disguises the fact that they are out of phase with price and advertising that makes them status symbols.

A Mac is still the best, most stable, more beautiful and easier to use the computer market. The iPhone does not. Not yet know what will be my next phone. But will Android.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment